Stuffed peppers are one of the simplest, and most delicious, dishes you can make. The balance between the savory stuffing and the sweet peppers is to die for. The best thing about this dish is that you can completely customize it to your liking! Add in your own favorite seasonings or meats of your choice, it's completely up to you! While there are so many different ways to make them, we outlined our favorite way down below. Enjoy!
- 4 bell peppers (any color you would like)
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 chopped tomatos
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds and other inside parts. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray and place the peppers inside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil up on medium-high heat. Place the ground beef in the skillet with the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. Break the meat up and cook until the meat is brown and the onions are tender.
- Next, stir in the tomatos, cheese, and breadcrumbs. Let all of those ingredients come together.
- Once the meat mixture is ready, start filling the peppers. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top, and then bake (uncovered) for about 20-25 minutes, or until peppers are tender.