For an evening with friends, lunch, dinner, or a special occasion, this recipe for shrimp skewers is an excellent choice. To eat delicious dishes, we do not always have to spend hours in the kitchen. There are recipes like this that allow us to solve food quickly; in addition, they are an experience of ideal flavors for times like summer.
This recipe has many great flavors and is healthy because it does not use heavy oils and has exotic components with the passion fruit and chili. Let's do something different in the kitchen with this recipe for Shrimp Skewers and Passion Fruit Sauce.
- 1-pound clean raw shrimp (medium size)
- 5 skewer sticks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into medium cubes
- 1 zucchini cut into medium cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the passion fruit sauce:
- 2 passion fruit
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 spoon of sugar
1. The first thing to do is place the skewer sticks soaking for at least 1 hour in water to avoid burning when placing them on the grill.
2. In a bowl, place the previously cleaned shrimp and add the chili powder, pepper, and salt.
3. Then, assemble the skewers by interspersing the shrimp with the rest of the ingredients. With the help of a kitchen brush, apply the olive oil to the skewers.
4. Place a skillet or grill over medium heat and cook the skewers for about 5 minutes on each side.
5. To prepare the passion fruit sauce, cut the fruit in half, and with the help of a strainer, extract the pulp. While cutting the garlic cloves very small, take the pulp, the cut garlic cloves, and the sugar to a pot over low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Serve the skewers with some sauce on top and enjoy.