Need a new drink to freshen up your summer? Because it's #NationalTequilaDay, try this amazing Watermelon Margarita recipe that will be sure to make your summer BBQs a huge hit!
(makes 10-12 drinks)
- If you’re feeling spicy, try with a chile rim instead of salt!
- If you rather have frosty, frozen margs you can chop up your watermelon and freeze it before putting in the blender!
- 1.5 cups of blanco tequila
- 3/4 cups of TripleSec or Cointreau
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- Agave Nectar or simple syrup
- Kosher Salt (for rim)
- 10 lime wedges
- Place Tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec and watermelon in the blender and blend!
- Depending on your watermelon, there might be solids left. If this is the case you can strain the drink through a fine-mesh strainer to remove.
- Prep the glasses: rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge, then dip into a plate of the salt and spin it around.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour your drink and enjoy!