Christmas in Jamaica (or the Caribbean as a whole) wouldn't be complete without some sorrel! We're sharing a recipe from Jamaican Foods and Recipes to get the party started! Tag us on Instagram @bravo_supermarketsofficial when you make this! Order all the ingredients you need-right now on our website and get them delivered today!
- 1 lb. fresh sorrel
- 5 oz. fresh ginger; thinly sliced
- 10 pimento berries (all spice)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup white rum
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- Thoroughly wash the sorrel and discard the water.
- Place the washed sorrel in a stainless steel pot with ginger, pimento berries and the water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 - 10 minutes, then turn the heat off.
- Leave to brew overnight (or for at least 6 - 8 hours).
- Strain well.
- Sweeten with sugar and stir.
- Add your rum and chill.