Looking for a delicious dessert recipe for this year's holiday dinner? Mazola® has you covered! Check out this simple recipe for a delicious Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread that you and your family will love!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 small bananas)
- ½ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- As needed Mazola® Canola or Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together egg, bananas, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir until flour is moistened. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spray 8-½ x 4-½ loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. A wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean. Transfer loaf pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Serve warm or store in an air-tight container.
*Recipe Note: reserve 2 tablespoons of the walnuts and use to sprinkle on top before baking.
To see the full recipe details, click here