Is anybody else just really craving a cocktail? Our friends at Food and Wine crafted this delicious Puerto Rican Rum Punch that will be your new go-to!
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup gold rum (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grenadine (2 ounces)
- One 750-ml bottle sparkling wine, such as Spanish cava, chilled
- Fresh pineapple chunks, for garnish
In a large pitcher, combine the lime juice and sugar and stir briskly until the sugar is dissolved. Add the rum, orange liqueur and grenadine and chill the rum mixture for about 1 hour. Just before serving, add the sparkling wine and pineapple chunks and serve in punch glasses.
The rum mixture can be refrigerated overnight. Stir in the sparkling wine and pineapple chunks just before serving.