The chill of the fall is here and all we want to do is curl up with a hot bowl of this chili! Our friends at Quaker shared their chicken chili recipe and we are here for it! Tag us on Instagram @bravo_supermarketsofficial when you recreate this meal.
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa or tomato sauce
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 Cups Quaker® Medium Barley
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Can (15 oz) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 oz) whole kernel corn or corn with peppers, undrained
- 3 Cups (about 1-1/2 lbs) chicken breast, cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Reduced or no-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- Reduced or fat-free sour cream (optional)
- In 6-qt saucepan, combine first 7 ingredients, over high heat bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, corn and chicken; increase heat to high until chili comes to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for another 5 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- If upon standing the chili becomes too thick, add more chicken broth or water until chili is desired consistency.
- If desired, top with shredded cheese and sour cream.