If you like coconut, easy desserts, and gluten-free recipes, you should try this recipe for coquitos, also called ¨besitos de coco¨ or ¨cocadas¨
This is a very popular dessert in different countries, they are made with grated coconut, eggs, and sugar.
These delicious sweets are a refreshing snack on the palate, perfect to share at home and the best thing is that you only need 5 ingredients to make them.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
- 2 eggs
- Zest from the skin of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 275 ° F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl place the grated coconut, the sugar, the vanilla, and the lemon zest, mix everything very well.
- In a bowl beat the 2 eggs very well and then add to the coconut mixture, mix again.
- Make small balls with the mixture and place them on the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy.