Roasted beets are one of the easiest, and most delicious, side dishes you can make! They compliment so many dishes perfectly with their simplicity, and their beautiful color. Check out this easy recipe from Ina Garten at Food Network!
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 12 beets
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths.)
- Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beets are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
For the link to the full recipe, click here