When you think of Empanadas, what comes to mind?
Well, of course, a yummy pocket of deliciousness. Second, you might think of different types of empanadas, Beef, chicken, pork, and vegetarian?
But I'm sure you didn't think of Guava empanadas, did you?I'm a huge fan of Guava, and I am excited to share my Guava and cheese empanada recipe that is super simple to make.
- Sweet guava paste
- Empanada wrappers
- Mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Spread the guava paste into the center of each wrapper (1 1/2 tablespoons per empanada) and sprinkle in your mozzarella cheese (I tend to go overboard on the cheese but not enough to come out when folding)
- Fold over the wrapper, and with a fork, pinch edges together to seal.
- Now in a pan, add the oil and wait until it's hot enough to add the empanadas.
- On medium heat, carefully place the empanadas and cook until golden brown on both sides! It takes about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Once removed from the oil, let cool on top of a plate with paper towels. (This helps absorb the access oil)