Looking for a special way to thank your mom on Mother's Day this year? Martinellis© has you covered with that one! Bake her something yummy, like these delicious Apple Glazed Shortbread Cookies
- 2 Tbs Martinelli’s Apple Juice, Cider or Sparkling Cider
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbs Martinelli’s Apple Juice or Cider or Sparkling Cider
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, combine your butter and powdered sugar and Martinelli’s Cider.
- Add in the salt and mix again.
- Then sift in the flour, and mix for a couple minutes. It will look like sand. Keep mixing and it will start to be more cohesive.
- Using your hands, kind of squash it together to form a ball.
- Roll it out on a smooth surface using a rolling pin until it is about 3/4 centimeters thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to form cookies.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet. I used a pancake turner to transfer cookies from counter to pan without them falling apart or getting messed up.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6 minutes (do not brown).
- Let cool on pan 1 minute.
- Move to a cooling rack.
- Mix together glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Glaze cookies by spooning glaze over the top, then let cool until glaze firms up.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
For the full link to the recipe, click here