There are not many things that represent summer more than ice cream. But have you ever made your own? Your family will LOVE these DIY OREO® Mint Chocolate Chip Pops. Check out the recipe below!
Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups vanilla low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 2 Tbsp. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 OREO Cookies , chopped, divided
- 6 Tbsp. hard-shell chocolate ice cream topping
- Mix yogurt, whipped topping, food coloring and extract in medium bowl until blended; stir in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chopped cookies. Reserve remaining chopped cookies for later use.
- Spoon into 6 (5-oz.) paper or plastic cups; insert wooden pop stick into center of each cup for handle.
- Freeze 5 hours or until firm.
- Place remaining chopped cookies in pie plate. Remove 1 pop from cup. Hold pop by stick, then spoon 1 Tbsp. ice cream topping over top of pop. Let chocolate drip slightly down side of pop, then immediately dip pop into chopped cookies. Repeat with remaining frozen pops. Serve immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS
How to Remove Frozen Pops From Cups: Hold bottom of each cup under running water for 15 sec., then press firmly onto bottom of cup to release the pop. (Do not twist or pull the pop stick.)
Substitute: Prepare using frozen light whipped topping.
Note: After drizzling the frozen pops with the ice cream topping and dipping them in the chopped cookies, the frosty pops can be placed in a single layer in freezer container and frozen up to 1 week before serving.
For the link to the full recipe, click here.